WTB: '71 bus parts

List your aircooled parts for sale or if you're looking for something, let us know!

WTB: '71 bus parts

Postby jacobroufa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:14 am

Just putting in a standing thread. See any '71 bus parts? Send 'em my way!

Immediate needs include brakes (entire system needs replacing), rear shocks and exhaust. Don't even get me started about body work...
1983 Rabbit GTI -- coming soon...
2008 Passat Wagon 3.6L VR6 4-Motion
2010 CC 3.6L VR6 4-Motion
jacobroufa
Forum Mechanic

Re: WTB: '71 bus parts

Postby jacobroufa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 am

OK officially I am looking for:

* 1600 dual port doghouse fan shroud (getting replaced this winter along with my intake/exhaust/etc when I pull the motor)
* front bumper with steps (or just steps, as my actual front bumper is in decent shape)
* front drivers-side turn signal assembly (interior housing is rusted up and lens is garbage)
* rear passenger-side turn signal assembly (contacts are rusted off of the housing on mine)
* good kick panels (warped and nasty), front door panels (disintegrated and nasty), sliding door panel (gone), rear hatch panel (falling apart)

Parts I'll be buying new for the upcoming season that I won't say "no" to good condition used:

* front ball joints (all four)
* steering drag link
* shocks (all four) -- I really want to get the Koni reds that BusDepot sells because of the community feedback about these items, but at $100+ per shock and also needing new tires, I'd rather put that money elsewhere if given the choice. Will take donations. ;)
* tires -- my tires are good for around town but not much more than that, so looking at a set of RA08s, as they seem to be the recommended choice for load rating and durability.

I also need lots of new metal, so any leads on a parts bus with the lower 18" in good shape would be appreciated. :)
1983 Rabbit GTI -- coming soon...
2008 Passat Wagon 3.6L VR6 4-Motion
2010 CC 3.6L VR6 4-Motion
jacobroufa
Forum Mechanic

Return to Parts For Sale / Wanted - Aircooled